Tuesday 14 October 2008

Peter Rabbit Birthday Card

Hello again, been quite a nice day here today, mild and dry. Did go out today (day off from work) but only to go and buy a new mobile phone for my Dad. He's on his third one now, he lost the other two in a matter of 4 months!!! I've told him if he loses this one he's not having another he can have a carrier pigeon, at least that'll find it's way home if he drops it :). Anyway I digress, today I had to make a quick card (well quick for me) to send off for a birthday I had marked on the calendar for next week, only the birthday was actually last week (don't ask, even I can't figure out what planet I was on when I marked it down). So here it is, you can tell it's a quick card, I'm not a happy bunny with it (I know corny joke) but I'm afraid it'll have to do...


The image is one I got free with a craft magazine, there were four different Peter Rabbit pictures with sentiments etc. But as usual I wasn't quite happy with the picture as it was a bit pale, so I scanned it and this time I put it through my free Picassa2 graphics program as in the effects part there is a "warmify" effect. It was then cut out mounted onto gold silk mirri card and then onto some dark green Bazzill card stock. The swirls were made with a Sizzix decorative strip die from the same Bazzill card and so was the decorative corners that are a Cuttlebug die. The Green gingham backing paper was from Joanna Sheens' Fashion Boutique. The stripey one was made by me on the computer. The sentiment is from a clear stamp by Hero Arts called Sparkle Clear - Messages, that was stamped with Versafine Olympic Green and then plonked in a We R Memory Keepers bookplate. Oh and the "stitching" is just done with a very fine green marker pen. So there you have it, not a good card but I promise I'll try harder next time :)
Take care & keep smiling

PS. Read the post below, it's a Christmas Give Away that ends 17th October. All you've got to do is leave a comment.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This card is AWESOME...You really should be happy with it! I'm sure the recipient will be!! :)

Quite handy with the computer programs ~ I'm envious of you! I just haven't attempted much on the computer yet, although after seeing your great work, I may just have to check into it......... Thanks for the inspiration! :)