Friday 10 October 2008

Calendar - September & October

Hello again, here's the next two pages of my calendar...
















September (chocolate) - The three ladies were from Joanna Sheens' Fashion Boutique CD Rom, as was the backing paper. The three ladies were printed onto Jaquard inkjet cotton, padded and mounted onto copper silk mirri card. The backing paper was printed onto pearlescent paper and "aged" with Brilliance Coffee Bean ink pad. The sentiment backing I made myself through my graphics program. Basically I took the middle lady coloured out everything on the image except the palm leaf and the background. I then copied and flipped the image (mirrored) and then lightened it and stamped on the sentiment, which I got from Stampland Chicago. The Swirls is a Sizzix die and of course ribbon.
October - This I think is my favourite page. The image is a painting called "Dogwood" by Albert Bierstadt. It was printed onto Ilford Gallerie smooth pearl paper and mounted onto copper mirri card and then edged with copper peel offs. The backing paper is a William Morris design printed onto pearlescent paper and "aged" with Brilliance coffee bean ink pad. The leaves I made with a Cuttlebug die from three different colour pearlescent card and then sponged with different colour Brilliance ink pads to get the autumn colours and then scored with a fine embossing tool to get the veins. The sentiment is an Impression Obsession rubber stamp that was stamped onto the same William Morris design as the BP, but this was printed on to plain white card, again this was mounted onto copper mirri card and edged with the same peel offs. Some copper organza ribbon and some metal embellishments to finish off.
The last two pages will be posted tomorrow along with (hopefully, if I get it finished) my entry into the house Mouse Challenge.
Thank you for looking. Take care and keep smiling