Sunday 5 October 2008

Raspberry Ribbons Sketch 5 (but I missed it!)


Good Morning, well it would be if it wasn't persisting down with rain, not that I'm going anywhere. Anyway, above is the Raspberry Ribbons Challenge Sketch 5, and as you can tell by the title I missed the deadline :/ (I must be the slowest card maker in the world and the most indecisive) but I thought I'd show my effort anyway. So here it is


The backing paper is one I sort of made myself. Sort of being the blue part comes from Artylicious "Seasons Greetings" CD and then through my VERY old graphics program I added the snowflakes using some free snowflake images I found on the web, and then printed it on some white hessian card. The Cuttlebug snowflake embossing folder wasn't quite long enough for my A5 size card so I did two taped them together then trimmed them down and mounted them onto silver silk Mirri card, and the ribbon hid the join. The little snowflakes were made using white pearlescent paper and punch I found in Wilkinsons (they have a small craft department). This was a simple looking sketch but I found it quite difficult (still a novice) as the main panel is so long and narrow. BUT I have had another idea so I'll have a go at that some other time and if it's any good I'll post it. Thank you for looking, keep smiling, and stay dry!

No comments: