Tuesday 20 January 2009

The mystery picture is... The Autumn Fairy

Hello and good morning,
It's 00:30 and at last I've finished this card. If you remember in my last blog I said I was going to make a card with an image that could be found on my blog, and the image is the one I used to make my very first proper card with. Unfortunately I didn't take a photo of the original card, but it's was nothing like the card I'm about to show you. The image can be found on the right hand side of this page at the bottom. It's that purple picture where you can just about make out a woman's face, but it isn't just a woman, it's a fairy. The image I have on my computer is one that was sent to me by an eBay seller a couple of years back whom I had bought some craft goodies from. So here it is, The Autumn Fairy...
























Sorry the pictures aren't very good but my camera battery died on me and my spare wasn't charged either, DOH. So the bottom picture is scanned. I'll take another picture tomorrow and replace the scanned one as it looks blurry to me.
Here goes then, the magic ingredients...

1. Both papers are from DCWV "Once Upon A Time" 8x8 pad that have had the edges aged with Kaleidacolor "Autumn Leaves" rainbow ink pad.

2. The frame for the picture is copper Stardream pearlescent card stamped with an unnamed rubber stamp. All I can tell you about it is that it is magnetic and has two more frames (different designs) nested in it that can be removed. I used Stampendous Stamp-n Stuff Copper EP.

3. The leaves where made from a Cuttlebug die using green Bazzil card and sponged with the same ink pad I used for ageing the DP with. The veins where done using my Scor-pal on the reverse of the leaf then turned over and using a very fine embossing tool I free handed the veins again.

4. The flowers are from Prima, they were green to begin with, but again I sponged them over with the same ink pad as before. The brads where sponged with Stazon Timber Brown, Blazing Red and Forest green ink pads.

5. Last but not least, the fabulous ribbon is from Raspberry ribbons December kit.

Tomorrow I'll be catching up on my replies to all you lovely visitors who have been kind enough to leave me comments, plus I'll show you the lovely award Els has given me and it's about time I gave some out myself. So until tomorrow...


Take care and keep smiling

5 comments:

Carolyn Bounds said...

STUNNING!!! I am attempting to catch my breath because this sublime creation seems to have taken it away from me at the moment. All I can say is it is captivating and beyond gorgeous!!! It is hard to imagine that just a moment ago embellishments made you nervous; and now, you use them marvelously. Your leaves are so life-like that I was shocked to learn they were made from paper. Another amazing creation, my friend!!! I am anticipating your next divine design:o)

Love and Hugs!
Carolyn

Rosella said...

Another beautiful creation!! It is PERFECT!! Love the image, but I am stunned by the beauty you added with the leaves and the sponged primas. Thank you so much for sharing your idea of sponging them. I have some that I have not been satisfied with. Will definitely try this!!
I'm looking forward to your next beautiful creation!

Carolyn Bounds said...

I left you a little something on my blog:o)

Hugs!
Carolyn

Els G. said...

WOW!!! This card is breathtaking!!!
I love the fairy and how you framed it and added leaves and flowers!
This is sheer PERFECTION!!!
Els
x

Wildärtan said...

Oh my God - you make such gorgeus cards! How do you do that???
Hugs from Sweden!