Sunday 4 January 2009

House Mouse Challenge 19 - I'll Miss You

YEAHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, I finished it, and what a lot of embellishments I've used, I've gone from hardly using any to going well over the top. So here it is, the retirement card for my friend Di and also my entry for the House Mouse Challenge ...



















































Starting from the base...
1. Cream card from stash

2. K&Co 6x6 vine DP by Tim Coffey (Daisy Pad) mounted onto HOTP Paper Pizazz cardstock

3. K&Co 6x6 Daisy DP by Tim Coffey (Daisy Pad) mounted onto the same Pizazz cardstock

4. Bazzill Basics card that has Versafine Olympic Green sponged round the edges

5. The stamp used is "Gentle Rain" with little Muzzy (ahhh), coloured with my trusty Derwent Coloursoft pencils and Sansodor. The raindrops were gone over with Ranger Glossy Accents. The frame for the image was made with Cuttlebug Embossing Folder - Borders - Frills, cut out 4 times and made into a frame. All mounted onto a different colour green Bazzill Basic Card, again sponged with Versafine Olympic Green.

6. Embellishments used...

a. Yellow ribbons from Raspberry Ribbons- Pyramid of ribbon

b. Silver heart charm attached to a chain and sewn onto ribbon so it dangles (both from eBay)

c. Sentiment computer generated and mounted onto a Wizard bookplate die using silver Silk Mirri Card.

d. Large and small mulberry daisies from eBay

e. Green rhinestones again from eBay.
My Dad says it's really lovely, and that's praise indeed from someone who doesn't do "cute".
I got the layout from this card by Emma on the Paper Craft Planet House Mouse Group. The card is gorgeous and I really liked the layout so I "borrowed" it :). Well now I'm off to post it on the HM challenge and then off to have my dinner...I'm starving.
Take care & keep smiling

14 comments:

Els G. said...

Love your card! It's gorgeous!!!
You've really made something special for your friends retirement. I'm sure she'll love it!!!
Els
x

Anonymous said...

Wow! Your card is AWESOME!! I had to do a double-take, the white embossed frame looks almost like it is ceramic or porcelain...great job. The daisies are perfect and the charm is sooo cool! Really great job with this challenge and glad you were abler to join in :)

Leigh said...

This is a gorgeous card. I absolutely love it.

Scrappywonder said...

sweet card ~~ can't go wrong with cuttlebug & daisy paper by tim c & of course, those mice are way too cute... tfs R ;)

Wildärtan said...

Oh Ann - I just love the card! So.. you like embellishments now? It's quite with them, isn't it??

The best for you, Ann! Keep smiling:-)

Rachel said...

This is a beautiful card!!

Wildärtan said...

Oh - I see we've the same award Ann - LOL! I'm honored to share with you!!
Take care and keep smiling!

Raisa said...

Lovely, I'm sure she wil love it. I find it hard to use yellow, but obviously You can "the thing"

Hugs
raisa

Anjas-Artefaktotum said...

Beautiful card with all the lovely details!
Hugs Anja from germany

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

This is a VERY Lovely card!! I really love the flowers. Thanks for sharing!!

Carolyn Bounds said...

GORGEOUS!!!! I must say, I love the way you do embellishments:o) Every detail of this card is fabulous!!!! I know Di will adore it!!! I definitely do:o)

Love and Hugs!
Carolyn

theneon said...

There is just too much to say about this delightful card. And, you've done a wonderful job of sharing how you made it so beautiful.
Martha Kay

Marie said...

What a nice card you have created, nicely arranged flowers.

I find it somewhat difficult to neatly arranged flowers, but I just have to continuing practices.triers

Nancy Jensen said...

You are SO creative!!! I was wondering how you made the amazing frame so I read all the deets... and guess what? I have that cuttlebug embossing folder! WOO-HOO!

I just LOVE this card. It's beautiful. Keep on creating 'cuz I visit often... I just don't always get a chance to comment.

ps. I'm going to FINALLY post the award you gave me in the next couple of days. THANKS AGAIN!