Sunday 21 December 2008

Happy Christmas to my Dad :)

Hello and I apologise for not replying to all the lovely comments left for my HM card, but as you know it's that time of year and I've been a little bit busy. I made all those cards for my Dad to send out and I hadn't made any for myself !!! What a dope, so as you can imagine I've been frantically making cards for friends, and no I'm not going to show you them as they are what I am going to make for my Dad to send out next Christmas, so you'll see them then. Any way here's the card I made to give to my Dad...




































From the base up...
1. Stardream copper pearlescent card
2. K&Co Amelia Blocks Flat paper, with basic grey flourish stamp stamped in Versafine Vintage Sepia ink.
3. Raspberry Ribbons Gold organza ribbon from their new December kit.
4. Silent night rubber stamp from Magnolia, stamped onto K& Co Antiquity Tan Parchment flat paper and the edges were distressed with my very own finger nail :)
5. The main image is from Joanna Sheen's Victorian Christmas CD Rom that was mounted onto gold silk mirri card. The label is one I bought, which was just cream to begin with but I printed the merry Christmas back ground onto it from Joanna Sheen's CD Rom again and sponged the edges with Versafine vintage sepia ink. The Cherub/Angel is from Dress It Up.
6. The swirl/flourish is a Tim Holtz grunge board element that I heat embossed with gold EP. I don't think Grunge board is really made for heat embossing (it feels like it has rubber in it), but I though I'd give it a go. All I can say is you're OK doing it as long as you keep the heat gun at quite a distance away. It takes longer for the EP to melt, but if you hold the heat gun to close the Grunge board starts to curl (I think it might melt if left on to long) but I liked the end result so it was worth the extra time.
7. Dress It Up snowflakes.
Inside the card I printed onto K&Co Antiquity Tan Parchment flat paper, the following poem
Sitting under the mistletoe
(Pale-green, fairy mistletoe),
One last candle burning low,
All the sleepy dancers gone,
Just one candle burning on,
Shadows lurking everywhere:
Some one came, and kissed me there.
Tired I was; my head would go
Nodding under the mistletoe
(Pale-green, fairy mistletoe),
No footsteps came, no voice,but only,
Just as I sat there, sleepy, lonely,
Stooped in the still and shadowy air
Lips unseen - and kissed me there.
~ Walter de la Mere ~

I like the poem, and my Dad likes ghost stories, so I thought it apt. I like the way this card turned out, and as you can see I'm getting a bit more adventurous with the embellishments.

Got to go now, got to make a card for my Son.
Take care & keep smiling

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW, ANN! This is STUNNING!! I love everything you did to this...all the details are sooo awesome! The inside verse is perfect. Wow, you really outdid yourself this time! I haven't used grungeboard yet...it really fits in so well on this card! WOW!!! :)

Glad you back...you've been missed!

Els G. said...

Love this card and all the pretty details. Love the poem too.
Great to see you back!
Els
x

Anonymous said...

This is stunning Ann! It has such a charming quality about it, and I really like the poem too!
smiles,Deena