Tuesday 9 June 2009

Modern Wedding Anniversary Card

Hello :o)
When I made the vintage wedding anniversay card I also made a modern one. As I was making it for someone to give to her husband and not knowing him other than I know he likes football (for American readers - Soccer)I thought it best to do two completely different cards that way she could choose which one she prefered, and as it was she chose the vintage one...



























The card size is 16.5cm x 16.5cm/ 6.5" x 6.5"
All the white card used is Stardream pearlescent card.
The top half of the card is embossed using the Cuttlebug Swiss Dots folder. Now because the folder isn't long enough, I embossed the card but made sure NOT to go to the end of the folder otherwise you get that nasty line, then I took the card and matched the dots up in the folder then I got an embossing tool and finished the dots of by hand to the end of the card. I know I'm a glutton for punishment, but that line REALLY bugs me, and I have tried erasing the line with a bone folder like some people do but I find it dulls the card when you rub it with the bone folder and looks worse. Well that's MY opinion, each to their own.
The hearts were made with a free stamp I got off a magazine, stamped with versamark ink pad and then heat embossed with Sparkle N Sprinkle Japanese Lacquer EP. Each were hand cut and jiggled about until I thought they looked nice :o)
The embossed lines were done just by placing the card on my Scor pal and scoring away.
The label is from Nestabilities. The white card was cut with the nestabilities die, but the silver mirri card was cut by hand after tracing around the die with a fine embossing tool.
The wording is taken from a quote by a sports commentator, the quote was actually "Football, it's a game of two halves" I just changed the wording to suit and it is computer generated.
The cord used on the label is Twilley's Goldfingering crochet wool. No I don't crochet, I just found the wool and thought it would look good on cards, needless to say I have several colours. Then it was finished off with some silver peel offs. Oh and here is the sketch I found on the web and used for the card...















Here's a link to sketch http://phutchsketches.blogspot.com/2007/01/love-is-in-air-february-sketches.html. The lady's sketches are mainly for scrapbooking, but with a bit of jiggaling you can make them fit a card :o)


Take care & keep smiling



3 comments:

WildƤrtan said...

Such an elegant card, Ann! I really like the embossed hearts, and the simplicity of the card - Elegant!

All the best to you! You spoil me with your amazing comments that makes me blush of joy!

Hugs from Sweden

Raisa said...

Lovely card! I know what you mean with the line, I agree :) Why cant we have bigger folders

Dawn GallopšŸ said...

Ann these creations are STUNNING!!! I adore the Once Upon a Time with the Whiff of Joy!! Adorably GORGEOUS!! Thanks for stopping by!! Hugs, Dawn