Thursday 12 March 2009

Tulip- i -licious - Magnolia vs. Stampavie Challenge 17

Howdy Folks,
I wasn't going to enter any challenges this week but I saw the Sketch on the new Magnolia vs. Stampavie challenge and decided I HAD to have a go, plus I felt the need to try out my new Tilda with Tulips stamp and of course the Tulips stamp from the Magnolia Easter Collection.





























Card size is 6.5" x 6.5"/16.5cm x 16.5cm

From the base up...
1. Stardream pearlescent card "Fairway Green"
2. Stripe paper was a freebie download I got aaages ago but I can't remember where and printed on to white hessian paper. The vine paper is from K & Co Tim Coffey Daisey 6x6 pad, and Bazzill card stock. The large circle was hand cut, the small circle was cut using Nestabilities.
3. All stamped images are coloured with Derwent Coloursoft pencils and Sansodor and Staedtler Triplus fineliner pens. the Tulips and the Tulips on Tilda's lap are all double heat embossed with Versamark ink pad, Versamark pen and Stamp N Stuff detail clear EP.
4. The sentiment is from Whiff of Joy stamped with Versafine Olympic green ink pad.
5. The ribbon is from Raspberry ribbons Sublime Lime - July kit.
6.The "pebbles" are Zoomz - Lime Parfait Mix. The 2mm clear rhinestones are from eBay.
I don't know if you've noticed, but I've done a lot of double heat embossing lately, I really like the way it intensifies the colours, plus it's cheaper than buying epoxy stickers :o)
Hope you like my little effort and thanks for taking a peek.
Take care & keep smiling

PS. I've just seen the NEW Magnolia Spring Collection, OMG, they look so gorgeous - Did I really say I wasn't going to buy any more :oP

7 comments:

Sue said...

A gorgeous card luv the bright spring colours, beautiful, sue.x

Wildärtan said...

Wow - such a lovely easter card! I love it and the sketch too!

Kicki said...

A gorgeous card, wow!!

hug

Larissa said...

Hi Ann!! Love your card! Tilda with the tulip is so cute!~I just bought her two days ago and hopefully I will make a crda with her soon. I love how you colored the tulips!

Hugs,
Larissa

Aina said...

Such a beautiful card! Love the colours.

theneon said...

This is beautiful beyond measure. The tulips are perfect with your double embossing. Very sweet card -- so here are so more stamps I must have! Martha Kay

Raisa said...

I've been looking at this card many times now and I allways find something new and fancy from it. I didn't realize the tulips were embossed, I tought it was glossy accent. It looks wonderfull!

Hugs
Raisa