Tuesday, 23 March 2010

Vintage Card - Get well - Part 1


Hello, I've gone all vintage AGAIN :o) I love it, and I think I'm slowly getting better at it. It's one of those styles that just about suits everyone, male or female, and as I wanted to make a card for my friend Tracey who's just had a back operation, I thought this style would be perfect. As you can see from the title of this post this is part 1 as there are LOTS of photo's as I not only made a card I also altered a tin to make a gift set. So here we go ....













In this picture the card is in the box I made for it. You might be thinking what are those black lines on the girls faces? Well I scanned the DP I used for the card and through my graphics programme I changed it to black and white, then into a negative and then printed it onto printable acetate, and then used it to make a "window" in the box lid. Below is a picture of the lid with some white paper behind it so as you can see the printed acetate better. You can click on the photo to get a better look if you want to.





























1.The main image is from the internet, unfortunately I can't remember who the artist is.
2. The DP or backing paper is from Graphics 45 "Botanicals" range.
3. The flowers were made by me using EK Success medium flower punch and red vellum
4. The torn letter is a rubber stamp by EK Success - "Parchment Script". Stamped onto parchment, which was then screwed up, distressed and aged with Tim Holtz distress inks ( I don't know how I ever lived without these inks)
5. The Butterfly is a Martha Stewart punch.
6. The sentiment is computer generated aged as above and then double heat embossed.
7. And if you're wondering, the cherub is a button by Dress It Up.










1. The main DP/backing paper is from a CD by Bearly Mine Designs.
2. The pocket for the postcard was again made with the same printed acetate. The "lace" trim was made with Martha Stewart's Doiley Lace punch and Fiskars Leave it to Weaver punch, aged again with Mr Holtz's inks.
3. I loved the postcard I made for a previous card so I decided to do it again for this card. The Eiffel Tower image again was sourced from the internet.
4. The butterfly was made using Marianne design Creatables Butterfly 3 die.
5. The side of the note was made with a Cuttlebug embossing folder and then sponged with the same distress inks.











Lastly here's the back of the postcard. The sentiment is computer generated, the rest of the images are rubber stamps from Clear Art Stamps "French Mail".
Tomorrow I'll post part 2 - the altered tin I made to go with this card. So until then
Take care & keep smiling

2 comments:

Rosella said...

Oh I wish I could just come and drop in and stamp with you. Your card is amazing, again....

Take care and keep on creating!!!!!

Blogger said...

Did you know you can create short links with AdFly and earn cash for every visitor to your shortened links.