Friday 5 December 2008

Triple Snowflake

Hello again,
Here's another card I made while I was ill. I got the inspiraton for this card from a lady named Unni, to see the original card click here. Isn't it lovely, well I just had to do a version of it. so here it is...







































1. Base card is Stardream white pearlescent card
2. Dp with text is a freebie I found on the web sometime last year, originally it is red and gold but of course I changed it to blue. The snowflake DP is from Artylicious Seasons Greetings CD rom again changed to suit.
3. The silver strip down the middle is a wide silver border peel off that is normally just flat, but here we go again, I changed it by putting it in my Swiss Dots Cuttlebug embossing folder to give it a bit more interest.
4. The snowflakes were made with a Wizard snowflake shapeabilies die and the middle snowflake is made with a QuicKutz singleKutz die. they have been coloured in with Sakura clear Stardust gelly roll pen. Then the first is secured with a pearl brad, the second with a plastic flower and star brad and lastly a silver star gem.
5. The sentiment is computer generated, mounted onto silver silk mirri card and the whole lot edged with thin silver border peel offs.

I think if I did this again I might put some of the snowflake layers through an embossing folder or maybe stamp with a background stamp and heat emboss. But I must confess I'm not that impressed with either die. The Wizard one because I had so much trouble trying to get the pieces out I bent the die, not to bad that I cant use it, but I shouldn't have had that problem. And the QuicKutz, well all you get is two arms of the snowflake and you have to build it up,
so you end up with a middle thats about 3mm thick! I cut the middles of mine and diguised them with the flower. Had the dies been more user friendly this would have been a quick card, but hey ho it's done now. Oooo I just thought I could have done a gate fold card. See, typical I get all these ideas now it's finished DOH!
Toodle pip, take care & keep smiling

1 comment:

mycardz said...

Wow, Ann, this card is gorgeous! I love colors of blue and silver with snowflakes. Awesome job! Hope you're "all better" and smiling again! Big hug, Mary