Wednesday 8 October 2008

Calendar - July & August

Morning, feels a bit fresh this morning and it's not raining. So here's the next installment of my calendar...















The colours on these photo's are a bit iffy, the little girl picture isn't that orange and the lily centre is orange and not pink! But anyway you get the general idea.
July - The backing paper is one I made through my graphics program from two different pictures. The lily picture is from Joanna Sheen's Card Makers Year CD Rom and if you look closer you'll see like a wiggle pattern, thats the other picture, that came from Backing Papers For Free. The lilies also came from the Card Makers Year CD Rom. Some gold peel offs and orange ribbon were added for effect. I cheated on this page (gasp in horror) I borrowed the idea from a card on Joanna Sheens Gallery, she's quite happy for this to happen (no copyright). I WOULD NOT do this from any blog site. Only if I asked first and then I would show it to the person first for approval before I published it, and then like on this post I would leave a link to the original card.

August - The main picture is called The Sea Blossom by Jessie Wilcox Smith. Again printed on Ilfor Gallerie smooth pearl paper and mounted on to gold mirri card with some gold border peal off in the corners. The two small shell designs are Serendipity rubber stamps which were embossed with Moon Glow EPs. The large shell and sentiment are Impression Obsession stamps, again embossed with Moon Glow EP. The backing paper is again a picture I have amassed over time on my computer and changed the colour to match. The card used to make the shells is two different colour Stardream pearlescent card.
Thanks again for stopping by.
Take care & keep smiling

No comments: